Saturday, June 30, 2018

change of plans

Well, the weekend switched from me going to a visit to a chance for Lauren to come home when Heather blew through Jackson.  The problem was finding somebody to keep Reaves until Daddy turnover.  We brainstormed and decided I'd just come over there today.  It's a long story but as it turns out nobody is going anywhere today until I travel on Monday.  This not having a car thing sucks for her on a lot of levels.  If she had one, she could load that baby up and come anytime.  All in God's time as they say.  

Mamye is also carless because her timing belt broke so I went out to Fowlkes to give her a ride up to Four Points for essentials.  On the way home I noticed a couple outside with two HUGE pit bulls.  It's a horrible feeling to be without a way to go especially if you live way out in the boonies like she does.  

There are huge protests going on all across the country over Trump's immigration policy.  I admire these folks for raising hell over what many of us believe in.  Something's gotta' give, seriously.  As it turns out Justice Kennedy was outed just days after his resignation for "pandering."  How convenient for the GOP.

That big old tree is still laying in the yard but I could care less.  There's not a thing that I personally can do about it.  It will take a crew with chainsaw to clean up the mess.  That sucker split right down the middle and has been here since I moved in.  

The windows aren't moving anymore and I don't get it.  Those two stained glass ones are epic and gorgeous.  The others are just as good.  I guess you have to appreciate art to understand the value of the history that took place behind them.

Y'all stay cool cuz it's another scorcher.  Peace and love ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment