Saturday, June 23, 2018

grammaw time and window slinging

I hit the road early this morning to keep Reaves for several hours so Lauren could get some sleep following an all nighter.  At about the Crockett county line I hit fog so dense you could barely see.  Right past Friendship there was a BAD wreck and I prayed that whoever was in that mess of a car lived.  I got to the apartment before Lauren did so I picked Reaves up from Aunt Erica who had an "eventful" night where nobody got any sleep.  

Reaves is a Mama's girl and doesn't like the routine to change.  Now that Lauren is back on odd shifts, she senses her absence acutely.  It was all cool until Mama walked in the door and she began to act like a heathern refusing to go to sleep.  Once Lauren was out of sight and in the bed, we worked things out.  We played and she ate and we played some more.  She crawled everything in the place, including me.  Girl  has some speed on her now and you have to watch her closely.  Somehow she managed to pull the door off the kitchen cabinet which didn't really hurt her, but scared the crap out of her resulting in more wailing.  She was busily playing when her Daddy arrived to pick her up.  

When I got back I had a window delivery to make so here we go with our wares out Finley way where I got to visit with my old friends Patsye and Cyndi at "the cottage."  Patsye's dog Sally was hiding in the bushes when I left.  I guess she was hot.

I have put a high price on the windows I got yesterday because they are worth it.  Not only are they fine pieces of work, they are quite old.  And this is my retirement income, so to speak.  Eventually I will run out and have to find another source but for now it's keeping me (barely) floating.  Praise be.

Y'all keep smiling....and shining ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment