Tuesday, June 12, 2018

hills and valleys

Oh my goodness did we have a good time.  All three of us are exhausted but it was great to be a family together.  Like really CLOSE together.  All three of us plus the two dogs slept on my bed.  Even after a hard 2 hour nap she went down at 9 and except for a bottle or two during the night lasted 'til 6:30.  Lauren went to Java and Reaves promptly went back to sleep about the time we got ready for breakfast.  Hey...WE were wide awake!  We watched Pim and Pimba and did a bit more swinging after that nap while Lauren loaded the car.  Which included the pool in the trunk.  We stopped by the cabin to take a couple of pics on the way out of town.  That's when it happened.

Lauren drove which is half the burden off me.  As we pulled into Jackson proper she discovered she didn't have her phone.  Ugh.  We back tracked where we had been and she remembered it falling out at the cabin but she got distracted with something else.  So we're unloaded this old ass car with her looking at another trip to Dyersburg and back for said phone.  As we pulled up Aunt Erica came out and we told her what was up.  As fate would have it her husband was in Dyersburg for an appointment so we got in touch with him and he went and found it.  What a save Uncle Bo!


I can tell the difference in gas prices now, even with my one little trip to Jackson each week.  Of course it's prolly because the damn car is 17 years old with no hubcaps, tail light cover or passenger side door handle.  It's like a mini-series watching me try to keep that thing alive.  But if I don't?  I'm screwed.  The manifold is damaged and you can hear it roaring a mile away.

Something I failed to mention is that Liz and I were co-workers at the sawmill for our entire careers.  She gave her all to everything she did and got a bit used like me.  When Methodist sold us to CHS, she and I were part of the IT conversion which was the biggest cluster you'd ever hope to see.  SEVEN hospitals at once.  And now, they're doing it again.  





No comments:

Post a Comment