Thursday, June 21, 2018

yo mama

I just watched the latest episode of Handmaid's Tale and bawled my eyes out.  For some reason I see Gilead as sort of similar to what's happening at the border.  Like the handmaids, many of these people are separated from their kids and just waiting for the next shoe to drop.  When Hannah remembered who June was I lost it.  Being able to keep our kids in a safe home is the #1 priority for parents.  

Here's the thing with the immigrant situation.....everybody who lives in the USA is an immigrant from some country.  Being "born" here doesn't always happen.  If illegals are treated as such, they are not able to become productive citizens who pay taxes on their wages for the "free benefits."  Hispanics normally take the jobs Americans don't want because they're used to working hard.  The reason more of them have not become citizens is because the process is lengthy and cumbersome.  I say if anybody from ANY country wants to live and work here, have at it.  There should be an entire cabinet position dedicated to solving this dilemma and it ain't ICE.  Building a multi billion dollar wall when our country is teetering is the most absurd thing ever.  

I got the sad news that another co-worker has passed....Kelly Jo was only 33 and the sweetest kindest soul you would ever hope to know.  Kickass nurse.  Recently married and got a diagnosis not too long after.  Makes you wonder.

We had rain last night and more is on the way I believe.  Field corn is soon to be ready for that one day it's good to eat.  I wonder though about the chemicals it's treated with.  That can't be good for you. I haven't dipped my toes in the water that is today's news except to see the headline that the family separation reversal only runs for 20 days.  God bless Melania for showing up.

Praise be ~




No comments:

Post a Comment