Friday, June 29, 2018

mother nature

There was a fierce storm going on right as I was getting ready for bed.  When I got up the first time I could see that it had taken a tree down across the driveway which ( thankfully ) didn't take the power line.  As I ventured out late this morning I found more big pecan limbs scattered along the road and it was obvious that the neighbors had to move a few just to get out.  There's a big one down between my house and theirs.  I'm assuming it was straight line winds because there was a lot of thunder and lightening.  These ancient pecan trees are bad about just dropping a giant limb even without bad weather.  I barely missed getting squished by one.  The one in my yard is a redbud split right down the middle.  According to my friend, her tree cutting friend is "very busy."  

Another day, another mass shooting.  More thoughts and prayers.  Meanwhile the powers that be are plotting to replace Justice Kennedy with somebody hand picked to overturn Roe v Wade.  I have a real problem with this, but that doesn't seem to matter.  As a teenager, when abortion was illegal, i heard horror stories about illegal ones which amounted to torture including the old coat hanger trick.  I hope there's a plan to care for all these to be born children besides putting them in cages.  

I'm a feminist by nature and I believe that a woman's right to choose is the sanest way to go.  I am against late term abortions  exceptt when the mother's life is in danger but from what I've read they're targeting as early as 15 weeks.  Women are being denied access to birth control because of the right wingers pulling funds from Planned Parenthood.  When I was in college I went to PP for my birth control.  If not, I probably would have been pregnant before I graduated.  Federal funds have NEVER been used for abortion.  

Honestly, I don't know what to think.  Our freedoms are slowly but surely getting stripped yet the only people hollering are the gun owners because they can't have bump stocks.  Boo fucking hoo.  Somewhere along the line we have lost the meaning of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness.  

Build your wall.  Have your parade.  Listen to lying dictators and piss off all our allies.  Because YOU have the power dude.  It doesn't matter what the people think who didn't elect you.  Russia did that.  I had to snicker at Trey Gowdy telling them to take what they have to "the damn grand jury."  This is the man who had the HRC emails and Benghazi like a dog with a bone.  SMH.

I get to see my babies tomorrow.  Yay and yay!  In the end, that's what's important.  My insurance agent just called ( bless his heart ) and he's been working trying to find me an affordable life insurance policy.  Brian Hinson will work like a dog for you if you're a reliable customer.  

I delivered a batch of cucumbers to my friend today and she offered to pay me for them!  I don't eat the things...she can have as many as she wants fo' free.  I just like them because they grow fast and give me something to pick.

Time to go see if the garden blew away ^j^








No comments:

Post a Comment