Saturday, June 2, 2018

grammaw time

Lauren had two meetings today and I was gonna' head that way around 9 but she called to ask if I could come earlier.  I jumped out of bed and got my errands done then hit 412.  Traffic was light and Jack FM good as usual.  I didn't do too well on "name that band" today.  Reaves and Lauren and Sarah pulled up right after I did bringing breakfast from Starbucks.  I didn't know they had food!  Anyway, off they went to do meetings and whatnot.  Layla and Holly showed up right after that and Layla is at just the right age to play dress up the baby.  We finally managed to get her all dressed up, including silver sparkly sandals but she was NOT happy.  This child lives in a diaper unless she's going somewhere.  

After all that diaper and clothes changing we ended up with no shoes, headband or bloomers.  Just a cute short little dress.  She was exhausted so Layla went home and I rocked her to sleep with a bottle.  She slept hard for 45 minutes and when she woke up she was wailing with teething pain.  Fortunately Eric and BayBay showed up and helped with the gum numbing.  As a value added piece,  my Aspell hero Galen came by to give me a hug.  

All that baby wanted was her Mama who showed up quickly.  Poor thing.  Erica bought her a tiny silver crown for her first birthday which is coming up quick.  She will be 9 months old on the 21st and stands holding onto the coffee table to watch cartoons.  She wants to walk so bad she can't stand it, cruising around that table and laying over it like a desk while she watches BabyTV.  Where has time gone?

A lot has happened since she was born.  The postpartum period was "complicated" and then I had surgery and retired.  Boom.  It was like her birth was the catalyst for life change with all involved.  Praise Be.  

^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment