Wednesday, June 20, 2018

celebrate life

I just left a little country church where the life of my friend is being celebrated.  I got there 30 minutes early and was amazed at the already packed pews.  I mixed and mingled and got a lot of hugs.  Her daughters are like my own, especially Allison.  

We had another planning meeting this morning for the Damascus benefit with a rep present from the company that runs the competitions.  As it turns out he lives just down the highway from me.  Small world.  I then went on a tour of the facility under construction and was amazed at how much has been done already.  Steep steps lead up to the living quarters which overlooks the new dog park.  There will be 16 beds when construction is complete.  This is a sorely needed ministry in our little 'burg.  All of this is in the same building with the thrift store.  

I noticed on the drive to Finley there's a new 'gentral at Middle City.  I bet folks down that way LOVE it because it keeps them from going all the way to town.  I dropped off a bag of cucumbers for my friend Vicki at the salon this morning as promised.  The way they're growing there will be plenty to go around.  

Looks like rain is pretty much on the way tonight but I'll probably water anyway.  And then?  Start rolling pennies!

Y'all be blessed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment