Friday, August 2, 2024

way behind

That pretty much describes my financial situation right now.  I called propane guy to see if they have a summer "special" because who is thinking about heat right now except for what's up outside.  Big time heat alert!  I got kind of woozy while out and about chasing down my new debit card and going from bank to ATM and back again like three times.  Sweating like a hog and dying to get home under the AC.  Seven bucks a day right now with all the heat and humidity.  We had a rogue thunderstorm during the night dumped a bit of rain.  The thunder woke me up.  So did the peeing times 3.  I live alone and have no room for somebody to share the house.  One bedroom, living room kitchen and bath.  There are wonderful porches and a deck to die for.  I pay a reasonable rent but it's a struggle.  

I have only owned a house one time and it was on Tickle Street.  Billy Miles sold it to us because he was in the business of building and flipping.  He even arranged for financing.  After four year, we decided to raise LP in the country and so it was.  She was privy to her grandparents at all times and grew up knowing the history of this farm.  She climbed a lot of trees and had her own room up at Charlie's house.  The steps and porches were kinda' sketchy but that didn't stop us from exploring.  One Sunday after church we picked up Julia and scoped out the dead cattle bones over across the road.  They were in 5th grade and so excited about the dead bones.  I'm pretty sure they took 'em to school for show and tell.  God bless those teachers.

I hosted a lot of parties for the teenage and young adult crowd.  They had fun and so did I.  We came to know and learn each other as friends. Some have passed and others still stay in touch.  It's a big circle of life for a child from another mama.  Nothing ever really bad happened except for......


I live in the house that I grew up in.  It is nothing like it was back in the day.  My parents have been in heaven for about 8 years and the history is still here.  I was gone for about umm...10 years.  Me and Daddy redid the whole place including a lot of wallpapering and mini blinds.  Even in the snow with the cardinals and all kinds of birds jumping around!  I took me about 15 years to clean out the attic and basement.   LP and Gumby explored that house on the slough.  There poison ivy every freaking where in the woods. Daddy took me fern hunting over there one time and we found a few wild things.  I have transplanted so much from that river bottom to here there and yonder.  Y'all stay cool and keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment