Thursday, April 26, 2012

ring them bells

This has been a week filled with lots of after work meetings to arrange care plans and whatnot so I was not in the mood following today's trip from nursing home to doc's office back to nursing home to go any damn where else but to the house. Which is where my happy ass sits right now with the AC on. Typical for Tennessee spring, we're hitting 80's already and some people are opening their pools before May. Planting is in phase II here on our farm, with corn already poking up out of the dirt after two weeks and some nice rain. Yet it is still dry, by spring standards and the southwesterly winds are pretty heavy meaning the water hose gets a daily workout. STILL no takers on these pups. We're totally in love with the little girl and she could only go to somewhere she could visit us because really? She's just like a mini-Faith. Only black. She's snoozing on the couch with her mama right now. It's so neat to see the communication between generations, much as with humans. She's been so worn out with 'em that she would just lay down and crash for a day at a time. It was a very difficult pregnancy and delivery for quite an old virgin.

My attitude has been adjusted by the powers that be so that I'm not too worried about anything because that worst than can happen scenario usually conjures up a F**K it attitude and allows me to concentrate on something besides drama. Working with almost all women is a real trip because the odds of everybody being either on the rag or in menopause or pregnant is enormous at any time. Estrogen makes for a difficult situation when trying to think rationally about the enormity of the job we are doing. We are paid decently, but work hard for every penny of it. I can honestly say that when I slap on a knee brace to walk those concrete floors every day, I'm there because I love what I do and the people that I work with. All the rest is just details. My daughter's generation has a huge student loan debt and this economy. Bless ALL our hearts.

You just never know when somebody's gonna need blood, and that's the bottom line for someone who is charged with that responsibility. I've seen years when there were all kinds of crazy surgeons trying to save lives in the itty bitty town of D'burg. Looking back, that was the not-for-profit network in play following our sale from the county. Our facility and six others were bought as a group, and sold as one some twenty years later. My retirement income from said philanthropy of my God given talent commenced this year and I'm loving every little penny of it because as far as investments, I've got nothing. Well, I do have SS and MC if they hold out. Think about that during this "pivotal" election year. If Ron Paul can't be prez, to hell with the GOP and the horse they rode in on.

Amazon finally delivered Jack Bull from some distant place (hey, it is an old one) and BG sat mesmerized beside me watching that poor boy lose both his parents in the course of an hour or two. Justice don't always happen in this life, but it comes back around as karma. And really, that's what living fully is all about. Make something a little bit better and you might change the world. Never hurts to try and dream.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment