Friday, April 20, 2012

peace in the valley, and up on the hill

For the first time in weeks, I feel relaxed and unafraid. And totally out of control, which is not a bad place to be when you can give it to Big Ernie and sleep like a baby. A weekend off, not spent at the sawmill, is exactly what is needed to mend this broken soul of mine. It's been a long week of worry about my friend's hub and he's still quite sick. My reward is a chance to let spotify do its' magic and fahgedaboutitall. It is what it is, and I'm certainly not in charge, thank goodness. I don't do leadership well, except as a passive sort of yaya cheerleader for the team. Picture me as HR with a heart and some spare seeds for your garden. One of my buddies makes her own vanilla and I've got some of that coming. You can't beat bartering as a way of life. Just when I think I'm going to lose it and climb the water tower, my thoughtful friend sends a reminder that I am loved and totally understood. Yesterday I peeked out on the porch where the puppies hang looking for some expected goodies from amazon and found instead..much to my delight..a package. From whoever knows me like a book! Inside was a large bronze peace sign for hanging, the symbol of everything that I believe in. This? I totally love. As a child of the sixties I will always remember the resistance of the elders to "our generation" and what we stood for. During a time when there was an incredibly stupid war going on, we said to hell with it and did a 4/20. Kinda like now. Still don't have my Jack Bull or Chuck, but they'll come around. Peace out ya'll ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment