Tuesday, November 30, 2010

this and that

We finally made it to the vet today with our latest shelter dog, Oscar. Amazingly, this network of animal lovers came together and made a visit possible when I don't have a dime to spare.  His little back got shaved so that Dr. Pierce could get a better look at the gaping wound.  There was a picture and some pain meds plus a tube of brand new skin to help him heal from whatever the hell happened.  I shudder to think about the details of that considering the shouting match I heard coming down the lane from his old home yesterday afternoon.

My personal massage therapist has been working faithfully on the neck and shoulder areas so that I don't have to beg co-workers to put an elbow to it ask for help during my days at the sawmill.  Not that I would turn it down, mind you.  It's just that we're all old and tired and corporate America just demands so darn much of old people these days.  I figure when North Korea blasts us all into the sky it won't matter much how many times I was tardy or how often I didn't attend a mandatory meeting.  Somebody needs to talk to our people about their people and figure out that the big import/export thing is screwing us into the ground as a country. Uh, and also about  our tendency to play big Ike and get involved in every border skirmish the world over.  Merry happy holiday season from Asia!  With a gift card too :)

My gifts this season will be personal and not too much out of pocket because, hey.  Ya'll know how I roll and what the finances look like.   It's time to the meaning of the season rather than spend money we don't have on things we don't need. Okay.....maybe some socks and underwear :)  And a new Mary Englebreit calendar....her art  brightens my days all year long!  As I type, there is a gentle snow falling, the first that I've seen this season.  It won't last long, and certainly won't stick but it's pretty to look at.

I guess ya'll all heard about poor Willie Nelson getting busted again.  77 years old and six ounces of weed on the bus!  I reckon the border patrol needed that score to add to their quota.  Leave the man alone, please.  His 2500 bail won't even pay the salaries of the people who made that arrest.

That's all the wisdom I've got for today.  BG and I are booked to go through my mama's "holiday/ junk room" and decorate her house for Christmas, then haul out what she doesn't want.  We're doing this room by room, treasure by treasure listening to stories about where this or that came from and trying to remember it all for posterity.  It is a bittersweet thing to say the least.

Later ya'll.  Keep it in the middle of the road ^j^

1 comment:

  1. It's kind of sad that all of the old things must eventually be moved on. My best friend is going through that with his daughter culling their house trying to get it ready for company and their new baby. But the stories are actually more important than the actual belongings. Record them somehow.
    Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete