Tuesday, November 16, 2010

girlie stuff

Needless to say anything outside of the dollar store price range is pretty much not in my budget.  A few weeks ago an old friend called to ask for a referral to a local real estate agent and I hooked him up with a friend of a friend.  Much to my surprise she sent a gift card to the smell good place as a thank you.  Haven't done my nails since Gigi's pool closed and they're feeling nekkid so I stopped by the infamous Headlines salon to pick up a bottle of OPI.  Which resulted in new shampoo as well.  And then, I went to the mall store to use my gift and my friend who works there showed me a killer deal on candles so I'm good to go. Sometimes you just gotta say to hell with it and retreat.

Back in August, one of my co-workers sent out a request from the local women's mag for gals with "bucket lists"  and I stuck my hand straight up in the air saying "Pick me!"  Following an hour interview and one more for photos Kathy Krone took the story of my mother, myself and my daughter and blended all of us together in a piece that I felt privileged to be a part of.  We are spread across Dyer County, but still maintain that bond where somebody knows what everybody else is doing most of the time.  Like today is mama's bridge day, for instance.I know from personal experience how much is involved with keeping elderly parents in their homes, and it saddens me to think of how many other families don't have the means to do that. My folks are not well off, by any means.  But what they make pays for them to stay at home with daily household help.

One of the things on my "bucket list" was an entire day at a spa with a full body massage and mud.  Haven't gotten to the mud part yet, but I have been blessed with a friend who likes to keeps his hands moving so my neck and shoulders get a good workout.  That will save me thousands on neck surgery alone :)  Gotta get to the kitchen and start on the cornbread.  My friend Kay had her dressing in the freezer by Halloween ( of course )  so I'm way behind.  If I start washing dishes now, I might get the cornbread cooked by Thanksgiving.

Gobble gobble, ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment