Thursday, November 25, 2010

group hug

Since I was raised up in the thankful faithful sort of way out here on the farm, Thanksgiving is a very special day to me....more so than Christmas really.  It is, for many people, a time to gloat over the fact that all the shopping will be after black friday.  I reckon that's why I refuse to put out even the first reindeer until this weekend.  I'm ornery like that sometimes.

My dear friend in Knoxville is spending the holiday in a hospital with her son, something that she has done many times over the years.  Life goes on, even when the mail doesn't run, ya know?  Special hugs for them.  And for my friends who are serving our country far away from home.  After 33 years of working holidays I can tell you that it's okay as long as you're close enough to home to score a home cooked meal, just the way you like it.

This has been a "challenging" year for me personally and all of you as well.  Everybody's got something on their plate that is causing some pain or misery and you never know who needs a hug at just the right time.  I'm a big touchy feely kind of person so I'm always up for one.  Wouldn't have it any other way.

Here's a hug for all ya'll just because. Feeling blessed is what it's all about ^j^

3 comments:

  1. Hugs right back at you Janie. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs for you too. It's been that kind of year for sure.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's exactly how things have been isn't it. Sort of rough and then a bit more on top of that. But I am also feeling more than a little blessed right now. So here's one for you too.
    (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete