Wednesday, June 9, 2010

secret recipe

I can't tell you how many gallons of peroxide and vinegar mix I have used since the year we got Faith. That poor girl would try her best every time to bark that sucker out of the way and ya'll know how that rolls. Butterbean got sprayed the night that me and Hoss got stuck in the mud (and I left him to die!) and he wanted to let her in the wrecker cab. Nah....I was riding on the sideboard so she just ran beside me. To my knowledge, this was Sam's first encounter and it was a doozy. They bark and want out sometimes at night so I didn't think much about it, stumbling to the door to accomodate 'em. About the time I snuggled back down, I smelled it. And it got stronger and Stronger and STRONGER. It was either next to the AC unit or right beside my window.

I was scheduled to go in early yesterday so his peroxovin bath had to wait until the evening. He was really pissed considering he had just had one two days before. He stared at me for a whole day with that "you are a mean bitch and how dare you demasculate me like that!" face. Just like some guys I know. Dude.....in case you haven't looked at the calendar, John Bradshaw et al helped us to find our inner chicks many years ago and we don't take crap off of anybody who won't meet us halfway. That's not a bitch. It's just common sense and fair play.

Sam has been de-skunked and most of the house....however, the dust bunnies have taken over again and I almost had them under control. Close, but no cigar. I spend more time doing yardwork with my mother's day presents and the exercise feels good. I've been sittin' on my tush way too long looking for love in all the wrong places. My parents are doing well and have lots of good solid medical attention from my associates which really makes me proud to be a part of that group. That's no small thing when you've been through as many peaks and valleys of faith in that particular part of my ministry. I guess what goes around really DOES come around.

^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment