Wednesday, June 23, 2010

global warming

For the record, I totally did my part by purchasing fuel efficient Asian made cars for the past 20 years. There was the oil gel settlement problem which TMC failed to tell me about until it went into class action AFTER my cousin Kenny's buddy Scott pushed the whole thing through on my two year old Camry. Warranty? Not without a fight over proper maintenance records. As it turned out, there was this big fat honking known problem with the oil and fluid systems in certain models mixing all that stuff up and turning it into sludge which local handymen charged an arm and a leg to clean out. Nobody would touch it with a ten foot pole. All's well that ends well, I suppose. I got a new engine with only 30K miles on it presently, but the tires are kinda shitty and the body needs work. Not to mention the crumbly concrete bird bath parts in the back seat where Daddy rides to our Sunday brunch date.

It wasn't meant to be for Poops to get up early and work hard all day, ride four hours to see the Eagles and stand in line to pee. One unpaid day off at the sawmill equals disaster for the upcoming ginormous utility bill. I expect that monthly debt to equal the rent sometime in the summer of '10. That is precisely when the fat lady will sing on Pecan Lane. I promise I'll leave it looking better than when I came here because that's what good scouts do, on our honor. I'm already way ahead on that one.

^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment