Thursday, June 10, 2010

it is what it is

As meltdowns go, this week's was divinely planned so that each and every day somebody was an angel to somebody else. I came home one day to find an extremely distraught unemployed daughter who is wondering how it will all work out okay. I sure didn't have any answers, but managed to score a big teary hug that served as an affirmation of mother daughter trust. If memory serves correctly, that was the afternoon that Yaya dropped by for some happy tunes and a beer. Sam and the skunk tied up later that night. The smell is almost gone.

I took advantage of the next afternoon's cloudy breezy skies to do some work on the lawn in the yard that was once horse pasture. About three hours later, the family drama started and I cried for a few hours, then phoned a friend. Gigi came running with exactly what she knew I needed and that also included a big fat hug. I hope she won a brazillion bucks on her girl trip!

Next day at the sawmill, Sue could tell I had cried myself silly and asked what was up. That was when she told me about she and her friends on the beach last month, bonding with the phrase "it is what it is." She is also the one, by the way, who introduced me to" climbing the water tower."
We've been in the trenches together like so many other true friends so I decided she was probably the wise one at that point. That's when I put on my big girl panties and vowed to deal with it.

I'll let ya'll know how that works out ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment