Tuesday, June 22, 2010

prayin' for rain

At this point, sittin' on the field at Busch stadium in a rainstorm looks like fun and ya'll know how much I need me some fun. Heck...if the skies opened up with some fresh water I'd dance in my own front yard, nekkid as a jaybird. I doubt the neighbors would notice because they're crazy as batshit. Our landlord insists on doing things by the letter of the law, even when there was one particularly elderly dementia patient handing out leases nilly willy. We tried to tell 'em what was up but nobody listened.

Me and Yaya went up to the lake for our redneck friend's son's wedding a couple of years ago and I'll be damned if we didn't experience some stormy weather because it was so freakin' hot. Next morning when her fella got up to explore we found a big fat pine tree laying smooth across George's red truck. The rest of the pines were on the power lines and in the yard. No electricity since about midnight probably. We visited the local VFW on that trip and I saw my first ever red lab running out behind the back deck. Haven't seen one since, by the way. The breeder gave me his number but I lost it somewhere along the way to my current life. Poor old Faith isn't interested in that kinda thing anymore, bless her heart. She just wants to stay cool.

I've got to hand it to the power company up around that area because they sent a nice looking crew of young sweaty well paid men to repair the damage to George and Judy's yard. It was like watching a jigsaw puzzle being worked observing them do their thing without catching the whole dang place on fire. I reckon it's a Kentucky Lake and dudes on overtime thing.

Faith is nudging me to get ready for bed and I always sometimes listen to what she has to say ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment