Thursday, October 20, 2022

with a little help from my friends

Our Dyersburg buddies (minus one) met today for the first time in a LONG time and we had a great time, including two that we call our own...Ms Joy and Mark.  She had to take a nap after all that good food so I just hung out and  watched Kelly and all those fairies on the lake.  They always show up when the wind is right and the sun is shining.  

As we all know November is money raising time for churches through the stewardship pledges.  I'm pretty sure I've given what I pledged over the last year but it's all been in cash 20 at a time.  Sometimes five or ten.  My point is this.  My home church is changing day by day.  The budget for that tabernacle is astronomical and all of the old money is dead and gone.  Plus, there's the gay thing. The sheep are running toward other churches that condemn just about everybody to hellfire and damnation.  That is not my God, as I know Him.  He is loving and kind and selfless and often brutal when pissed off.  I think right now he's just crying about how ugly we all are.

I do not care about your gender or your past.  Actually I'm just trying to live one day at a time.  You know, like the old school way.  Life throws you a challenge, be proactive.  Our world depends on that kind of stuff ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment