Friday, October 7, 2022

mysterious ways

I rarely sit down and watch a whole movie which is sad.  Tonight I did and it was nice to be inspired by Mila Kunis and her performance in a true story as a gang rape victim.  Not her, mind you.  The one who wrote the book.  I saw both of them on Kelly yesterday and wrote the name down.  It's pretty dark but quite effective in getting people to tell their true stories and stick with them.  I treated myself to pizza and will munch on that for a couple of days.  Spinach alfredo thin crust!  Nom nom.

We ain't had rain in three damn weeks much less three damn days.  My latest neighbors are moving on up and they kindly offered me their brand new microwave at a reasonable price along with a nice Kitchen Maid blender.  And a whole lot of other stuff!  My hatch is full of Tupperware and baking dishes.  Plus a cute little E sign that lights up for Reaves.   They have only been here for nine months but I feel like I know them well.  Bubba made a purchase too which will make me the new owner of a small freezer that he has at his house.  Win win!  They have a six week old little bundle of joy named Cash who will make the move with them to the next chapter of their lives.  I even held him and got puppy kisses.

So many people have lived in that house since the years of the Ferguson Farm.  Some of the tenants that I remember most are my brother times 2,  Teko Fuchs and various others like the odd couple of anesthesiologists.  I became close friends with the last ones because they were there for a long time and we just bonded.  Especially Patrick.  This dude is my adopted son and has helped me with many a chore over the years.  I hope the next ones are nice too.

I call myself a gardener yet I have failed to water the potted pansies for three days during a drought.  That will be Reaves' job on Sunday.  Since I'm off tomorrow I think I'll cook the cornbread for Thanksgiving dressing and pour the whole thing up in my new covered dish.  

Y'all be faithful ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment