Monday, October 10, 2022

alternative education

In typical five year old fashion Reaves is dead set on finding a school that will teach her how to get super powers.  She is in training these days to become a super hero and is quite serious about it.  Lauren had to pretend to go online looking for a class and told her there was a waiting list.  Imagine that!  They came to church yesterday and it was her first time to sit down front with Tori and she was beaming.  All by herself, that kid did it.  She did, however, refuse to leave the picture she drew to be put on the wall but was told next week she has to leave it.  Because Jesus shares and all that.  

I am still microwave-less but that will all change on Wednesday when I go to pick up my stuff from Tisha's house at the end of the lane.  I got some seriously cute stoneware in addition to all the other loot.  I really hate to see them go even though it wasn't a long run.  They will be leaving for Nashvegas soon.

When I got home today there was a front loader parked out by the rock pile and Biscuit had already hauled one load then showed back up for number two which included the limbs.  Gotta' keep corporate happy.  Nothing ever surprises me anymore...nothing.  I watched some drama go on across the road from me one afternoon last week and I did, indeed, sit on the porch until all suspicious people left.  WITH my phone by my side.  Out here we know who's supposed to be there and who's not.  

I got my 2023 ME calendars today and they are tucked safely away for a new year.  I'm just hoping that Putin doesn't nuke us all before then.  I can now put my "woke" governor sign in the yard since the mower guys came today.  Unless it's too hard from lack of rain.  That's what happened when I tried to plant Schopke during the first drought.  There is an iffy chance of rain this week but it won't be enough.  I'm trying to keep my orange hydrangea alive by watering copiously.  That poor thang' has survived TWO droughts this growing season.  Oscar has dug out spots in every flower bed so I must seriously research how to deal with that next year..  The problem is the fresh dirt.  Gawd, they love it.  

Rosie has been sleeping with me and serves as a backup alarm because well...you know how cats are.  Meanwhile Oscar is chilling in his bed by the fireplace.  Life is good ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment