Friday, October 21, 2022

the fifth season

Here in Tennessee we have weather that turns on a dime.  We had two nights of freeze where I had to wear a housecoat in the mornings.  Today it reached almost 80 and since the gas logs are lit, the AC is on.  Inside temp was 77.  Plus there is soybean dust so thick you can feel it in your nose and eyes.  I heard that in Finley there was a bean fire today that burned 40 acres.  The only time I remember seeing that is when the utility lines fell on the field across from Donna Webb's house.  Oh, and there was that one little incident where I burned about 50 square feet of the field next to my yard because I was doin what I was not supposed to do:  light a fire while under a burn ban.  Me and the fire departments made the front page of the paper.  I will seriously never live that down.  I also managed to catch an empty field ablaze while burning off the asparagus and my daddy thought it was hilarious.  He was a firebug too.  I remember him picking just the right day when I had been raking up 20 years worth of pine needles and lighting at just the right time.  Smoke went the other way.  Nothing spread.  He was a smart man.  

Life is busy with trying to survive and find happiness and all that.  I'm pretty content wherever I am.  I like alone time but I'm getting out more and participating in communities where people know and care about me.  I'm not going to lie..when I quit the hospital and then almost died it took me a loooong time to create a new reality.  We are constantly grieving one loss or another and that is why we need each other.  

So Trump has been called for a deposition.  It's about damn time.  It may well be a good chance for him to rally his crowd and not show.  I would not advise that for him considering how much trouble he's already in.   He could just answer the questions like a human the best way he remembers.  End of story, but not the end of his woes.  I'd say financially it's all abut to collapse what with the lawsuits, so I hope Melania and Baron are settled somewhere nice like Fiji.  He can join them later and be the president of that island.  Genius, no?  Yes!

We had another joyful lunch with friends today and I was touched with the fact that our two male companions were quite attentive to Joy by helping her navigate from car to table and back.  I'll probably visit them both tomorrow before LPT and Patsye hit the trail.   We had a long conversation about the state constitutional amendments and kind of figured out that Right to Work is number 1.  As I was googling I found abortion as a number 2 but that was in another state..  "In any and all circumstances it is against state law."  The feds have said what they said through SCOTUS so now it is up to us as individual states to decide what is fair.  There is no right or wrong in this except for a whole lot of unwanted babies on welfare and dead mothers with pregnancies gone wrong.   When a sperm and an egg meet there is a slim chance that a zygote will appear and begin to grow.  In the first 12 weeks, there is no heart beat.  Maybe even 14.  I remember going to Lauren's ultrasound at 16 weeks and there that baby was, big as life.  Y'all know the rest of the story.  It never entered her mind to terminate because she knew it was probably her only chance to bear a child.  I admire that.  There have been many ups and downs with it and they continue.  That is life.  

Ya'll go get some punkin' spice something and slip into your shorts for the evening.  Love ya....mean it ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment