Thursday, October 27, 2022

lucky me

As I was pulling out from paradise this afternoon I felt a flat about 25 feet from the driveway so I stopped and checked it out.  It was the same tire that has been 7 or 8 pounds low and has been checked.  I guess today was the day for that plug to give out.  It was almost dark and all the garages were closed so a service call by them was out of the question.  I don't have a clue how to change a tire so I called Bubba for advice.  He told me to call Lowery's and I got saved by a guy named Marky Mark who totally knew his shit and advised me that all my lug nuts were stripped.  How nice.  My roadside assistance never responded so Progressive will be presented with that bill.  I feel really vulnerable at times like that but I didn't cry and grew some patience.  I did notice that of all the cars that passed me only ONE stopped to see if I needed help.  Thanks to those people in the mini-van searching for a lost dog.  

I was thinking about going to my SS pizza party but obviously that didn't happen.  As I pulled into my driveway I saw soybean dust flying in the distance and they are still at it trying to beat Saturday's rain.  Sunday is clean out the storage unit day for Lauren and it's all coming to my attic.  I'm pretty sure I have to provide beer for the moving crew as a tip.  All I can say is thank goodness SS comes early in November.  I heard we are getting a raise and that the cost of Medicare will actually go down in 2023.  If you do the math on what Medicare costs plus what a supplement is priced at, you can easily get into about 400 bucks a month for health insurance.  On a fixed income.  Nobody can ever retire and not worry about that.  

I'm about to finish up Mary Trump's book and it has been a real eye opener about how that family history unfolded.  I never knew where the money came from, or the sense of entitlement.  Now I do.

Y'all get out there and vote like your life depends on it.  Because seriously?  It does ^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment