Thursday, October 13, 2022

it's been a while

Time has flown this week and I just realized that I haven't written in a few days. Our class reunion meeting was postponed and I'm scrambling  to make a decent Word document out of all the pieces of paper I've accumulated since we put this whole thing in motion.  It is exactly one year from today but we want it to be seamless and include everybody.  If you have ever been involved in planning one, you know.  Lots of work, but worth it!  There are still details to tend to but I feel like we've got a good start on it.  Fifty years is a big deal!

I just left a visitation for one of the pillars of our church and will attend her service tomorrow.  Our families have a long history not only in church but with farm life.  PW manufactured cattle rubs and we had one out here on the farm long after the cattle were gone.  Daddy sold the herd to Ms. Polly's son and bought a gator with it which brought him never ending adventures.  He would bring Mama up on the hill in it to visit with her scarf flying in the wind.  Often he would come alone when he couldn't drive a truck alone anymore.  

I finally did a pickup order at Kroger today and still managed to forget several items so I'll use my five dolla' coupon from the 'gentral to finish up.  My new microwave is fantastic and I didn't realize how "you gotta' have a microwave" until I didn't  Corporate is here so I'll be having breakfast with them early in the morning before he leaves for Michigan.  He comes about every six months with a huge list of things to do and see.  

Y'all get ready for a frost this weekend.  The rain yesterday settled the dust a bit but I'm ready for the kudzu to die and bugs be gone.  Keeping the faith here.  Hope you are as well ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment