Monday, October 31, 2022

common cause

I have known Tim since he and his family moved here from South Carolina with "the company."  My husband and friends worked there and he was a mighty good boss.  We had girls the same age who played together and did bunking parties.  LP and AP got in trouble one night for catching a ride there with somebody else after a football game.  They didn't get to sleep over, needless to say.  APs mom was the hero in that deal because she went to get 'em and they stayed together at her house.  Not punishment, just alternative plans.  I was a patron at his business and always felt safe there. Occasionally somebody who was going bar to bar would drag me to the Hideaway which totally scared me to death.  It's right by the river and creepy as heck.  

I really got to know this couple better through Paws2Care. After retirement they have both been steady and reliable volunteers for this organization.  Tim did transports to Illinois like several others do, once a week from Dyer County Animal Clinic.  I turned over my precious brown girl to these folks and she was re-homed to a family with three kids.  The organization has helped me financially to have two cats spayed.  And I've done my best to raise money and help the cause.  If anybody knows my friend they know that money in his memory to that organization would be the perfect way to honor him.

I literally worked on a hot dog assembly line this afternoon for FUMCs trunk or treat.  I had to leave and tend to Poopie but as I drove through downtown I was amazed at the activity there.  There were even people directing traffic!  I inched my way home just in time to witness a magnificent sunset.  I feel sure God's got our backs ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment