Sunday, October 9, 2022

peace out

I have always been of the flower power hippie generation.  There are vivid memories of my childhood here on the farm but a lot of that changed with Vietnam.  I was only about 13 but I vividly remember watching it on our black and white TV.  There were  maps of Asia and American draftees who later suffered from Agent Orange exposure and whatnot.  Not counting the ones who died in that jungle.  Born on the 4th of July, my ass.  I felt the same about Desert Storm and Iraq.  We are not the keepers of the world.  There is Putin to deal with, and Kim.  What is astounding to me is that we let ourselves sell out to China for cheap goods.  One dolla' only instead of Made in America.  I'm as guilty as many of you are.  Money is tight.

We are studying all things Jewish in our SS class and it's a real education for me.  There were very few of that faith here when I was growing up but my very first Homecoming date was with the one and only Steve Sembler.  His parents picked me up and everything!  I don't ever remember having a date in high school but I was out there with the Pep Club.  My Uncle Jimbo was the band director so I hung out with them a lot too.  Like a whole lot.

I just watched SNL "delayed" on YouTube sketch by sketch. I have always been a fan and it's a fact that it's a training ground for young comedians to move toward bigger things.  Many of them have died like Belushi and John Candy.  As far as I know Chevy Chase is still kicking!

They poke fun across the political aisle and always have.  Over the years Lorne has managed to humiliate just about every world leader.  I like to laugh instead of wringing my hands over the state of our world.    God's got us ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment