Saturday, October 15, 2022

today is a holiday

Why you ask?  Because it's game day for UT vs Alabama as is customary on the third Saturday of October.  I was out running errands this morning and everywhere I went people were wearing their orange and flying the Vols flags.  First I met Bubba up at the newly vacant house to pick through what was left and scored some nice blankets, a shovel and some frozen food which I do not have room for because my mini freezer hasn't made it out here yet.  I'll have to get rid of some of the leftovers in my refrigerator freezer for sure.  

I got some mini-pumpkins for me and the girls to paint tomorrow after church.  While I was out hunting and gathering I put up a few signs for Bubba's annual Funkmonster event at the fairgrounds.  I pick and choose for locations that have a lot of traffic.  At Tobacco Dock the clerk was thrilled with the idea of taking her mama out to dance.  Burn baby burn!  This is all they do...party band stuff.  Private and public.  Everybody LOVES them.  This show on the Saturday after Thanksgiving includes an open bar and the show.  I was the ticket taker upper last year but not again.  My supposed help was not very trusty and not around when I needed them.  This year I will use my free tickets to enjoy the show and will also help set up and tear down.  

Lauren has a storage unit in Jackson that costs 90 bucks a month and contains several pieces that belonged to Mama.  They are too big to fit in my hatchback.  It needs to be emptied to save said 90 bucks and get those things back to us.  A lot of it is just throwaway stuff but it will still take a truck and or trailer to transport.  She is asking folks in her recovery groups in Jackson to help a girl out and I'm looking for help on my end.  It's a process, ya' know.  Like Jesus said, ask and ye shall receive.  

Welp, time to tackle this old house and the mess within.  FedEx delivered my ostomy supplies a week early so there's that to organize and rotate.  Plus cleaning out the cabinets and freezer.  That should be enough to wear my old ass out.  

Go Vols!

No comments:

Post a Comment