Sunday, August 7, 2022

room at the table

Because I am a Methodist and this is first Sunday, we were honored with communion today served by lay folks.  I have never done that before because it's always couples and I'm a single.  I think that's about to be changed up because that's how we roll.  Our SS teacher today talked about how much trouble went into Jesus planning a last Passover meal with his closest.  I never knew about the plan to get them there but now I do.  It was quite strategic!  My mother was deeply involved with the homebound communion team and I served in that capacity for a while.  It was strange and wonderful how every single one of those folks remembered the Lord's prayer.  It is a labor of love for those that do it..

My buddy Thomas the acolyte was swaying with the music on one side while his sister sat reverently on the other side, his fellow acolyte.  I did not know these kids from Adam until I began attending regularly again.  That was about four or five years ago when Mary Beth arrived on the scene.  

I'm sitting here about to shed the church clothes and slap on some shorts and a t-shirt.  Already got the flip flops on.  I get shade on the deck beginning about 1 or 2 from the giant pecan tree.  Reaves and I had a tea party out there yesterday with the Santa dishes.  We played and played until I was played out and told her to "amuse yourself" with that pile of toys over there.  And you know what?  She did!  This was after swimming at Chucky and Vicki's while LP was gone shopping for school supplies.  

And so we start another week, another season soon.  I can't say that I'm not ready for cooler weather but I feel blessed that it ain't a hundred.  Y'all be good and remember who you are ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment