Friday, August 26, 2022

dog tales

I have never been dogless in my life.  The first one I remember was a beagle named Nosey.  We were out by road and she was just laying there and I was in the ditch.  I watched in horror as a drunk driver ran over my beloved pet.  I'm sure Daddy took care of the mess and we had a funeral.  I stayed mad at that man until the day he died.  In high school I had an Irish setter named Brandy and she was to die for gorgeous.  Heartworms got her plus several others.  

When Oscar first came to us his back had been mutilated and cut.  I noticed that he showed up every day and checked out the wounds.  I called the humane society which went to investigate and they were told " It's my cousin's dog"  by crazy neighbor.  I adopted him from the Humane Society right then and there.  I'm pretty sure he has heartworms too because he coughs a lot.  This boy needs a grooming like BAD!  Pierce told me if I could just get him to the door of the clinic they would do the rest.  I just want to see his eyes!  Those terrier bangs hide his old soul.

TGIF y'all.  I never in all my working years imagined having every weekend off ^j^  


No comments:

Post a Comment