Tuesday, August 30, 2022

it was a dark and stormy night

I went to bed about ten last night with this big honking thunderstorm headed our way.  I caught about an hour of rest before all hell broke loose.  There was lots of thunder, lightning and wind.  As previously mentioned, Oscar is scared to death of that stuff so he came to the bed and got all up in my face shaking and breathing hard on me.  I rolled over but then the dripping started from the roof leak and I had to move to the couch.  He joined me there and crawled up and down my body trying to settle down.  At one point I wrapped him in a quilt like a burrito ( so he wouldn't bite me ) and tried to soothe him with hugs and shhhhh.  It didn't work and I have scratches to prove it.  I took him in for better or worse so I try to work with him when times get hard.

I had a surprise to me visit from a nurse this morning and we went over all my recent labs and whatnot.  The last ones were encouraging so I'm going with that and a daily normal BP as a good sign.  My pulse is usually high when I'm up and doing a hundred things but I think that walking will help with that.  Baby steps y'all.  It's a bit cooler so maybe I can do that in the morning.  

The community that I go to every day has a new pavilion and now a LIBRARY thanks to a generous benefactor who loves it there.  When I left his house today he was wiring up a fish feeder for the kids and Dad who have been throwing a line at the lake.  We used to work together for a hundred years and were each other's kinda' best friends when it came to blood and hauling ass to get it to surgery.  At one time we were even neighbors on the lane!  

I have to dig up the surprise lily bulbs before I can't find them.  I promised a couple of friends that I would.  Y'all keep in between the ditches.  And keep the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment