Monday, August 22, 2022

honk if you love jesus

...or if you're simply an impatient asshole.  Twice in 2 days I have been honked at because I didn't hit the gas immediately when the light turned green.  Today's honker passed me on Mall Blvd and was weaving all over the road.  I'm not prone to road rage but this pisses me off.  Yes, jerk.  I see that the light has changed and I don't need a reminder from the rear.  It took everything I had to not flip him a bird.  

The DHS class of 1973 has lost yet another classmate named Jon Anderson.  He left Dyersburg shortly after graduation but returned sometime later with The Rebel Yell Band to perform a local gig.  I was impressed to say the least.  When he sang Lee Greenwood's "Proud to be an American" I about fell out.  Rest in peace buddy.  

Oscar and I walked this morning which he always loves. He gets along well for an old dude and greets me every afternoon when I pull in the drive.  He is now parked dutifully by my feet as I type.  I went back to retrieve the crate that was supposed to be for the little boys' forever dog.  Debbie had told them that he would be back to visit and sure enough, he showed up last night.  Of course his "mom" knew right where to find him.  How sad. If you leave a dog loose, they will go where they were treated nicely.

I started a new book today that is a sequel to "The Supremes at Earl's All You Can Eat" and it promises to be as good as the first one.  The surprise lilies are all dead so I'll be digging up bulbs to share with friends.  That is how I garden.

Y'all be faithful and full of grace ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment