Friday, August 19, 2022

choose your words wisely

I posted today about the almost complete complex downtown called Damascus that will soon be open to recovering male addicts in the Dyersburg area.  Transitions has been very successful with females but there was not a place for men.  As we all know putting the gals and girls together during rehab is a big no no except for meetings.  We have several mixed meetings here in the 'burg and I admire the ones that are keeping it alive.  Before them there was the occasional AlAnon group where everybody whined about why they won't stop.  I detest whining.  Part of my healing experience over the years has been to realize when enough is enough and move on.  If it's a toxic relationship, stay away from it.  It's easier to not go there than to dig your way out with a spoon.

Anywho...I commented on the post that I had toured the facility when it was all studs.  After I saw that I was like uh...whoa.  Wrong words.  That became framework.  I have been around so much carpentry with Johnny and Billy and Bubba that I just see studs when there's no wall.  My attic is like that!

It has heated up since we lolled on the deck yesterday.  Joy loved all my animals and was in heaven giving them all turns at petting.  I looked over once and she was fast asleep with her mouth open.  Now, that is tranquility.

I can see my birthday in the horizon when I turn 67.  I had to do the math today to figure my age.  It's on a Friday so surely somebody will make me a cake.  LOL.  Heck, I'll just go eat some SmallCakes!  My friend Janie Bard used to make birthday cakes for everybody at work.  The first time I got one I was stunned.  Mama always helped me celebrate there too.  Before she got down, we always had a birthday party for every one of us with our favorite foods.  And there was always a ketchup bottle in the picture ;)

Under his eye ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment