Sunday, August 21, 2022

funky

That is the one word describing my mood yesterday and today.  Not really sad or mad just, meh.  My friend Carol fed me a delicious lunch today and after that I drove through the cemetery to get Mama's flower vase.  I think the last time I left them it was peonies.  I took the time to actually study the engraving and the military plaque on the back.  There's a little flag holder next to Daddy's side and of course they always fly away in a thunderstorm.  He is currently flagless.

I should have gone to church today but it just wasn't in me.  I did the Upper Room devotional and watched online so I got my dose of  spirituality but it still ain't the same as being in front of that pulpit up close and personal.  These are my people and I can't imagine life without their support and faith.  I'm not a leader at this point, but a student in what good stewards do.  

My solution to yesterday's mood was to clean up the office corner and make things more easily accessible.  The floor slants down over there and the desk legs were rocking!   It also changed my view from closed blinds to clean front windows.  Now I can see everybody and their brother go by.  Don't mess with an old country girl in a mood, just saying.  I have motion lights on both sides too.  I think I'll get a ring cam perhaps.  And maybe a pistol, just in case.  Actually it's much safer down here because there's more traffic and houses.  When I lived on the lane it was pretty scary when my neighbors weren't there.  The good ones, not the crazy ones.

Carol gave me two books plus the one I just ordered so I'm set on reading.  I used to read all the time until I went through self help stuff like it was crack.  I was in therapy, by the way.   Once Beverly asked me what kind of books I read and she was shocked that I didn't read much fiction.  All that has changed.

My daddy told me it would happen that the older you get the faster time goes.  Weeks fly by now and I have to look at my phone to know the date.  Thank goodness for Mary Engelbreit calendars.  Peace out ^j^



No comments:

Post a Comment