Monday, October 1, 2018

alrighty then

Todays snicker was over Trump calling the Democrats out for being "mean and vicious" for treating poor Kavanaugh so badly during the hearing.  Um.  I watched it and I didn't see much except for Democratic requests for more time to review the documents, all requests respectfully submitted to Grassley.  This is not about Brett's drinking history.  Heck, by some people's standards I'm a drunk.  It is about his lying about what happened under oath.  This kind of blame game is what is tearing this country apart at the seams.  I have a lot of Republican friends and they treat me with respect.  Trumpsters, do not.  

We had a nice round table discussion yesterday at Casa Poops including Mamye, Steve and Rick Campbell.  Lord have mercy y'all.  What a wonderful time we  had reliving the past.  Rick just dropped by and I almost didn't know him until he got close.  The dogs went nuts ( of course ) so I have no doubt that if anybody tries to sneak up on me, the canine alarms will go off.

I ran by the hospital today and bumped into one of my old friends who is a pilot.  I told him I'd been looking for a plane ride and he said he would call next time he's over that way.  As the crow flies we live about a mile apart with the airport and golf course in between.  I'll probably freak out because I've never been in a small plane.  It's on my bucket list though!

So is a Forked Deer river float.  I'd love to explore the area around the farm.  Reunion invitations are in the mail as of today.  Patsye discovered that we had sent three to deceased class members.  I hope their families understand we did our best.  

I need to see my girls so I'll be cruising up 412 one day this week.  That baby girl is growing like a weed and has such a sweet and happy smile.  Until she gets pissed.  She can throw an all out running Stafford fit in a heartbeat.  

Y'all remember who you are.




No comments:

Post a Comment