Wednesday, October 3, 2018

civil discourse

As expected there's a lot of chatter about Kavanaugh and who knows what's up with Rosenstein.  My personal opinion is that the conservatives tried to push it through with a quick vote unlike when Obama nominated Garland and it was never brought to a vote.  That bothers me a lot about this deal. I'm no defaming the man or calling him guilty or innocent.  I just believe that all the hoorah is dividing us further while the monkeys are out running the circus.  I don't care how much beer he drinks.  The way his accuser was treated by the party in power was disgusting.  

Many people think the #metoo movement is about women wanting to bash people's reputations.  I see it as the power of collective voices of women who have been abused and were afraid to speak out about it.  Even when reported, rape depends on DNA evidence which dies quickly so if there isn't an immediate kit done, there is no evidence but one person's word against another.  My late friend was raped by her father and told the truth at some point.  The entire family turned on her and stayed that way until her death because he committed suicide after she came out.  That, is why people don't come forward.

My day is made of simple things now.  Trips to town once a day, a visit or two here and there.  I'm still dealing with Ellie things like shredded toilet paper and car chasing but she's on a learning curve.  I need a good leash so I can walk her.  That girl is fast as greased lightning when she runs wide open.  Sam and Oscar are both asleep by my feet.  What a little tribe we are.

My next two days are booked so this one is all about me.  Y'all play nice, please?  The only way we will ever survive is to meet in the middle.

^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment