Sunday, October 21, 2018

the patience of job

I don't know happened during the night but I woke up this morning barely able to raise my arm on the GOOD side, the one where surgery worked.  I haven't taken ibuprofen or naproxen in forever but I loaded up on them and got to church.  Plus arnica and magnesium oil.  The pain is centered in the shoulder but runs up my neck like it needs to be stretched.  Lerd.  It's always something.  

The sermon today was about Job and how much he suffered like we all do.  He had a lot of bad stuff go down leading a lot of people to believe that he must have done something really bad to go through all that.  God snatched him out of the whirlwind and blessed him with a long and prosperous life in spite of his tragedy.  Who among us has not asked the eternal question "Why do bad things happen to good people?"  There is never a definitive answer.  Evil is everywhere and so are natural disasters like fires and storms.  Ed also referenced Mark 10:35-45 where James and John asked to be kind of co leaders with Jesus, one on his right and the other on his left.  This really pissed off the other 10. So then they got a lecture on power and greed.  

I don't have a greedy bone in my body and working the steps has taught me that pride comes right before a fall.  Trying to stay humble and grateful is all I know to do.  This has been a real year of transition beginning with the birth of Reaves a year ago and my early retirement.  The financial challenges are real and ever present.  Day to day I figure out ways to economize right down to dolla' instant 'taters for dinner.  It is what it is. I am steady manifesting my future.  

Just got off the phone with a dear friend whom I call family.  We are an unlikely pair but bonded from the first day we met.  That is the beauty of being diverse.  Know your tribe and who has your back.

Peace out ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment