Friday, October 5, 2018

the worm turns

Reaves and I watched soap operas which was a nice distraction even though I didn't know who was screwing whom.  My grandmother used to call it "watching her stories."  She was asleep when I got there and Lauren was gone when she woke up and she was not happy with that.  I got her a hash brown at Micky D's and she didn't want any part of it.  She intermittently giggled with delight, howled with anger and everything in between.  I ended up giving her two bottles not knowing that she's on whole milk now.  People stopped by and every time one of them walked away she started wailing.  Just not a good day.  She has a rash from the enterovirus..tiny little red specks.  Having that and strep together can't be fun.  Lauren too.  

I just tuned in to find that Phil Bredesen who is in a hotly contested race with Marsha Blackburn for a Senate seat has unofficially "endorsed" Kavanaugh.  That being said, he does not have access to the FBI investigation results or anything else that sitting senators have.  That was not a very smart thing to do four weeks out from an election.  That's all I'm gonna' say.  And yes, I will still vote for him.  Let's just get the damn thing over with and look ahead.  

I really am not a fan of the two party system and never have been.  But hey....that's where the money flows.  And the money is how you get your name out there.  Billions are spent on campaigns each season. Imagine if we were to have independents and or progressives who don't get the partisan money?  They don't stand a chance.  I did not vote for Trump but I did not vote for Hillary either.  Sanders got my vote.  

Every little government from city and county all the way to the top is pretty much a good old boys' club.  It's just the way things roll in this country.  What I would give to have somebody like Jimmy Stewart as Mr Smith in Washington.  No, a whole BUNCH of them could stop the madness.  

Over the years, our voices as citizens have been lost, hijacked by big money and big media.  End of story.  I try to be optimistic that it's not gonna all blow up but in my heart, I know it will.  But I sure won't go down without a fight.

Keep the faith ^j^ 

No comments:

Post a Comment