Monday, October 29, 2018

little band of skunks

I'm not normally out after dark but today I was and as I turned onto the lane I spotted the black and white critter skulking on the side.  Then another one.  I know from experience what your car and yourself smell like if you hit one.  There was a whole little family up and down the road and I dodged every one of them.  Then when I let Ellie out, she got sprayed.  Lerd.  She's outside airing right now.  

I spent a day watching movies and admiring the fall colors with Joy.  The ATT guy was in and out getting things all ready.  It was nice to have a day devoted to sitting with a friend and her dog.  She had a nice long walk today with Pearl while Gay and I peered over the deck thanking God for her good fortune.  She is truly a warrior woman, rattles and all.  

I am slowly getting my mojo back being careful to set boundaries for myself.  My appeal for home care jobs has been met heartily and I'm trying to work out something that still gives me time to be a retiree.  Since there was no TV the only news I know is that Sarah cried and there's a bunch of pissed off Americans.  Oh, and the Melania signing thing.  Lord help us all.

One of the movies we watched today was The Shape of Water and I was totally captivated.  I see now why it was so widely acclaimed.  Then there was a tearjerker and finally a really good Disney.  I have a date with friends to see Bohemian Rhapsody on Monday.  Matinee, of course.

Y'all enjoy the colors.  They were a long time coming ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment