Friday, October 19, 2018

rambling on

My evil lazy twin shut off the alarm this morning and rolled over attempting to opt out of yoga.  I got a message that got me up and at it and on time.  Natalie and Amy are very good instructors.  I still can't do a crow without falling over, but that will come.  Today we actually did headstands.  Mine was clumsy and lots of assistance from Amy but I made it.  I almost passed out when I came down!  I had two other appointments and those went sideways so I came home and took a walk with the pack.  Ellie is learning what the limits are and each day I go a bit farther down the hill just to get the cardio coming back up.  It's either keep the flow going or turn into a pile of mush.  

I haven't checked the news, purposely.  I don't want to lose that calm, ya' know?  I got my latest assignment from my editor and made a phone call to get the ball rolling on that.  Checked in with Lauren and she's just working and chasing Reaves.    Looks like we have rain coming and a chance of frost for a couple of days.  Once we get that good hard one, the kudzu will be dead overnight.  

Today  is laundry and ( possibly ) dishes day as the spirit moves me.  I'm such a procrastinator.  But hey...that is who I am.  Neither of my parents were that way.  I guess I belong to the milkman.  Tommy is much more like me...going with the flow while Bubba is regimented and organized like our parents were.  It serves him well with all the responsibility he carries.  We are trying to figure out some kind of Thanksgiving gathering but he's probably working and who knows about Lauren.  We shall see.  It may not be Norman Rockwell, but we shall gather at some point.

I think working in healthcare for so many years has given me the flexibility to see that it doesn't have to be on THE day for it to be a family celebration.  

Y'all don't try any headstands at home by yourself.  Right Christie?   As always keep the faith and remember who you are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment