Wednesday, October 10, 2018

spontaneous

My KY cousin always told  me I was boring because I wouldn't do anything on a whim.  I've gotten much better about it since retirement so I was ready to roll when Cathy texted me and Carol for lunch at Los Portales.  Our waitress was a classmate of Carol's and remembers my parents fondly from her Shoney's and Cracker Barrel days.  They always wanted HER when we went there.  Los Portales has done some remodeling and is looking really good!  Speedy is my go to.  You can't beat it for five bucks.  

I've been watching live video of my friend Billy Garrett on the Gulf Coast.  I hope it doesn't turn out to be the monster they say it is.  This ruined a lot of people's fall break plans plus a lucrative time for the tourism industry.  You can't fool mother nature.  

I'm learning a bit of law today and how state law is dependent on federal funding of roadways etc.  As usual, the feds are in control no matter what the state thinks.  Thanks Obama.  

They are still at it with the beans out here.  It's gonna be mighty quiet when they're done.  My allergies are beyond terrible and the skeeters are awful which I don't understand because it hasn't rained and I haven't seen a one 'til this past week.  

Y'all be careful out there.  And do the next right thing ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment