Monday, October 15, 2018

the moors redux

What a perfectly gloomy Monday!  It is on days like these that I'm forever grateful not to be getting dressed at 5AM for work.  I ran up to Gigi's for a visit today and Precious showed up to do a plumbing job.  We all compared baby pictures and talked trash.  He has my Leica and we need to find a battery pack to test it with before I drop 30 bucks on one.  The collection of camera lenses and old film bodies will go to Damascus.  Bella got passed around like the baby that she is and danced for us while Regina did a phone transport.  Long story there.  Mark and I talked politics and we are together in misery almost to the point of I don't give a f**k.  

As for Trump vs Warren, I don't get it.  It's another distraction in the dog and pony show that is Washington.  Um. DNA testing is pretty much a science these days so I admire EW for just doing it on her own.  As for the offer of a million to do something that she willingly did on her own?  Bless ALL our hearts.  

I still have jet lag from staying up til 1AM.  When I stopped at the chicken store Ashley told me her uncle had passed.  Said he had a 4 thousand platelet count.  That is what leukemia does, in essence.  It crowds out the other cells to the point that the whole thing just doesn't function.  Bone marrow becomes packed with too much of one cell and not enough of the others.  Speaking of white cells.....here's a ramble.

Last year I was at work and noticed a spinal fluid come in.  I was busy doing something else but knew by looking at it that it was bad news.  HIPPA notwithstanding, I noticed my friend's name and ran to the ER.  She had been transported by EMS after her sister found her out of it.  She had bacterial meningitis in the worst way and was transferred to Memphis for a VERY long recovery.  By the grace of God she is alive and well.  

Regina used to sell jewelry on the side and I was at her house the day I got the call that Mama had broken her hip.  During all the times in and out during those surgeries I gave each caregiver a bracelet from her collection.  All wooden with crosses and peace signs.  I noticed that Kay still has hers on her desk.   We picked through the basket and came up with about 20 more so we will continue to spread the love of Team Janice.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment