Sunday, September 23, 2018

monsoon season

I was hoping that the weather forecast was wrong but I woke up to pouring rain this morning with no end in sight.  Therefore, I'll be missing from Reaves' birthday party because my car is not road worthy in that kind of heavy rain.  Plus I can't see very well.  When I talked to Lauren she was in Lexington picking up a friend and they were getting slammed big time.  It's solid all over West Tennessee and the lane has standing water already.  There's a spot about 50 feet from my house where it has nowhere to go so it just sits there.  The flooding at the bottom has improved thanks to the road commission's work on the ditches.  Do I feel like a shithead?  Um.  Yes indeed.  Who misses their grandkid's birthday party??  One more reason to get a reliable car on the radar.  Lauren understands though because she knows that car like the back of her hand.  

My friend Amy Bane Reed was one of the most vibrant personalities I have ever known and loved.  We spent many good times drinking beer and yakking at Gigi's pool which is now Gena's.  She was a daddy's girl to the core and now she is in heaven with him.  I am sad for the loss of her infectious smile and sense of humor, but grateful that her struggle is over.  You will be missed, girlfriend.  At one time we worked for the same company, she in Jackson and me in the 'burg so we talked work a lot.  

I got to see John Mellencamp live at Farm Aid yesterday which was cool.  Didn't get to Willie but I'm sure it's floating around out there somewhere on the innerwebs.  As I said before, these are folks who use their fame to help farmers.  It doesn't get any more noble in my book.  My friend Lorna actually snatched a bandanna off of him at one Farm Aid event.  She later gave it to Wanda as a special gift in remembrance of Doug.  They were rabid fans and on the bus several times.  

This month is almost gone and I'm not sure how that happened but time goes fast these days.  Hold your dear ones close and tell 'em you love them.  You just never know.

^j^






No comments:

Post a Comment