Friday, September 21, 2018

birthdays galore

Today is Reaves' first birthday, though technically not until 10:30 PM.  That's when me and anesthesia guy held Lauren's head down while they cut her out.  She cried, immediately which is a good sign.  Soon as she was out, they knocked mama into lala land.  I got to spend alone time with the baby that is my grandchild while they cleaned her up and put a cap with a bow on her head.  There were several hours in recovery after that.  I am so glad that I was in that room.  It's a humbling experience to see any child born, much less your first grandbaby.  We thought it would be quick and easy.  Boy were we wrong!  But you know what?  She's worth every minute of it.  It was time for a last resort section anyway, but Lauren wanted that girl OUT before her own birthday at midnight. Party time for all us Virgo girls.  I looked back on my phone and those sweet pictures right after are gone to the internet I suppose.  Maybe they rotate out when you get so many.  Who knows.  I carry the picture in my head always.  

The temp has dropped at least 20 degrees due to an incoming storm.  I'll take it because it was 100 before.  It's supposed to rain all day tomorrow so beans will be on hold.  Johnny and his crew are back at work on the cabin today and have done the fireplace insert and started on the windows.  They had to tear out the original window frames and redo.  Dude said they loooong nails in them.  

And the thunder rolls ~


No comments:

Post a Comment