Saturday, September 22, 2018

boycott this

I am not surprised about all the Republicans in Texas being pissed about Willie Nelson's participation in Beto's campaign.  What really gets me is that they think he cares!  This man is a legend in his own time and already a kazillionaire.  As he said on The View:  "Everybody has a right to an opinion and that is mine."  Now, I know most of the folks who are mad at Willie also hate The View.  That's kind of a given.  He has always used his fame for good things like Farm Aid.  How many groups throw benefits for farmers??  He doesn't care if you boycott.  Go eat some tide pods and watch a White House press briefing.  Nike won't miss your money either.

I'm kind of at the same place in life except for the kazillions and the bus.  I don't care what people think of or say about me.  I know who I am finally and I pick my battles wisely.  Social injustice and racism infuriate me in a flip over the tables in the temple way.  Our political system is terribly flawed ( term limits ) in many ways.  When I was in my 20s and 30s I rarely voted and knew very little about politics.  There is a new generation of informed voters out there who are just itching to make changes and I believe it will happen.  I was going through my closet the other day and found my Bernie hoodie which I promptly washed and hung for the first chilly day.  

On this day 34 years ago I was in the labor room at Methodist Dyersburg with a waiting room full of people and a pizza party.  It took 12 hours but finally Mary Stuart said "you wanna push for 15 more minutes or use forceps?"  GET IT DONE was my reply.   I had been having erratic contractions for 3 days and she was meconium stained meaning there was some distress.  She got a blood culture and all was well.  We had bought a house on Tickle street when I was 7 months pregnant and I spent those first six weeks receiving visitors who oohed and aahhed over her cute self.  We sat on the front porch swing a lot.  After that, it was back to work.  

The rest is kind of a blur.  Working mothers have no life so to speak.  At that time I was taking call and working weird shifts so my Mother helped a lot filling in the gaps.  My husband worked third at the local rubber plant.  Lauren was the first grandchild and spoiled rotten.  She has grown into a beautiful vibrant young woman with a child of her own.  BTW, she's a much better mother than I remember being.  More patience.

We've got a three day monsoon in progress so, meh.  I like rain but not for days on end.  Reminds me of November.  But, finally the heat has broken for good.  My knee is responding nicely to Tiger Balm and the brace.  Ellie deflated the other therapy ball so it's back to the 'gentral.  All puppy, she is.

Y'all keep the faith.  And always, remember who you are ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment