Friday, September 28, 2018

if the walls could talk

Today was the appointed one for our meeting with Al Sadler who is on a road trip from Michigan to see places he's never been.  He had sent us a letter some time ago written from his grandfather to the family when he was working on this farm.  Oddly enough, he ended up owning a dairy when he went back up North!  It still amazes me to walk through that cavernous barn and hear my echo in the silos.  I never climbed them but a lot of people did, including my brothers.  60 feet tall.  There are still remnants of the getup where the cattle were lined up for feed and milking.  Out back around the shack is where the hog farm was.  It was a huge operation back in the day.  Our heritage here is thick.  While touring we stopped by the cabin to find back steps being built!  Go Johnny and Billy!  It's been a long process with a lot more to go.  

I visited my friend Cheryl this morning at the funeral home.  She looked great but was obviously overwhelmed with losing her husband of so many years.  We talked for a long time because I was early and beat the rush.  She is one of the original blog readers and a constant friend.  

I haven't heard from the sick folks today so I'm assuming they're resting up.  Strep can make you REALLY ill in a hurry.  Lorna and Ann are going to the Hemp festival in Nashville to learn about all things CBD.  Lorna, for sure, will be in heaven. Ann is a soap maker interested in expanding her horizons via CBD.  Can you imagine a bath bomb with that oil in it!! 

Keep smiling.  Keep shining ~  Little Stevie

 

No comments:

Post a Comment