Wednesday, August 29, 2018

toddling

I got a text from Lauren last night that Reaves has taken her first two steps.  Pretty soon it will be on like donkey kong!  At a little more than 11 months, she's right on target.  I could just eat that baby with a spoon.  I can't wait to see her and AJ playing together.  She'll have to pick up speed to keep up with him.

I have a lot to write and as usual I'm procrastinating.  Even a brief outing in the heat saps what energy I've got.  But write, I will.  I delivered the last of the old rope pulley windows today to a friend who painted something for Reaves.  I do so love to barter.  She was so excited you would have thought I'd given her a million dollars.  She is a real artisan with lots of talent.  

No politics today.  There were a few elections yesterday but I haven't caught up on who's who.  Meanwhile, Senator McCain lies in state with the flag lowered again.  The net is getting tighter with the band of crooks as one by one they make deals for immunity.  History in the making.  

I'm still looking for a part time job without much luck. You would think that there would be part time positions out the ass because it costs the company less.  I don't care what I do really I just want something different and the additional income because the budget is a mess.  Several folks have been good enough to help a girl out and that means so much.  

We're planning a casual one night event for the DHS Class of 1973 reunion, our 45th.  We've lost quite a few since the 40th.  Lord willing, we'll get together again in October.

Don't worry.  Be happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment