Wednesday, August 15, 2018

dead elvis week

I finally decided yesterday that I might, indeed, die from this cold so I made an appointment at the clinic for this morning.  The guy who called me back said he had been waiting hours for something to do.  Following a CBC and chest x-ray which were both unremarkable I got a big dose of Rocephin in the hip but no steroids.  Rats!  My usual FNP was off today so I saw her doctor instead and he's quite the character.  He halfway apologized for his "salty" language to which I replied that I knew my share of it and have used it extensively over 41 years in the healthcare field.  Hey...whatever works.  He also prescribed me a robitussin like cough syrup and Zpack, neither of which I got filled.  I'm already taking guaifensin as an expectorant and my experience is that the Z packs don't work too well.  What I need is an inhaler which costs 200 bucks so I'm using the Himalayan pink salt inhaler instead.  Thanks big pharma.

We had a long meeting today about direction for the future of the writing gig.  If it flies, it will be cutting edge.   More later on that as it develops.    

I read that the wounded suspect from the robbery gone bad over on Wheeler Street passed on.  Just bless him.  I ended up going to the dolla' gentral' not once but TWICE because I forgot something.  I seriously need a keeper.  

No word from the girls today and I don't even know what their schedule is.  I'm counting on them to come to me next time.  Like a real "let's go see grammaw" visit.  I have a friend whose birthday is either the day of or the day before when Elvis died, which I remember vividly because I was living in Memphis at the time.  For the last few years we worked together everybody always wished a happy birthday/dead Elvis day.  UCMTSU.

Be happy and healthy and drama free.  Call your mama if she's alive or even if she isn't.  She's always there with you in spirit ^j^




No comments:

Post a Comment