Thursday, August 23, 2018

a tale of two crosses

Mamye bought a beautiful stone cross about a month ago and lost it on a visit here the day she got it.  Last night I was walking the yard at dusk and spotted it a couple of feet from the front steps.  Kaching! The other special stone from Jane Yates' funeral went missing AGAIN after I dropped it in a friend's office and went back to retrieve.  As I was cleaning out the car today I spotted it, beckoning to me like a beacon of faith.  I love it when that happens.

Right before I left the house for an event at The Mill Workspace I started getting messages that my FB account had been hacked.  I didn't really have time to deal with it so I went on and did my business.  When I got home I found that a wise young friend had discovered, blocked and reported the hacker.  Way to go Annie!  You are the woman.

Her cousin Rachel and I met today for a quick lesson on how to properly use my camera which I attempted  at this evening's event.  I will have to learn by trial and error but it's a start.  My friend Mark the Precious is going to take a look at the badass Leica to see if it can be salvaged and give me more extensive lessons.  You can't be a real journalist without good photography skills.  My batteries went dead but I managed to get some good shots before they did.  

I'm feeling pretty conflicted right now.  Lots of things swirling  around in my mind that need some resolution but as we all know, that's a process.  

Patience is a virtue ^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment