Monday, August 13, 2018

like old times

Lorna and I were meeting regularly at The Mill for quite some time before the grandkids got out of school for the summer.  Then my money dried up so that I couldn't really afford a membership.  She was there this morning and I stopped by for a visit just to get my fix of the atmosphere there.  We ended having a late breakfast at Dave's, of course.  As we wandered back to The Mill we peeked through empty storefront windows of buildings that are perfect for just about any kind of business.  Much of it is owned by the Develdy Mustard Company.  We peeked into the Buff City Soap under construction and found them almost done!  Flooring is going down now.  

The summah' cold lingers as does the heat and drought.  I'm about to quit watering and weeding and let nature play its' course.  I plan to divide some herbs in pots over the winter and attempt to keep them going.  I never hurts to have the smell of lavender and basil around.  Aromatherapy.  

It is amazing to me that I'm almost 63 years old and still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.  I know I want it to be fun, that's a given.  This is where you have to be careful about making a hobby a "job."  Sometimes you lose the passion that drives creativity.  Lorna was sorting through totes and boxes of pictures this morning making preliminary piles to be gone through again later.  I'm doing the same thing or attempting to when I'm not distracted by a plane or a squirrel.  I definitely have a touch of ADHD.  

So, in the opiate crackdown there are big restrictions being put on prescriptions and lots of pain clinics are going under.  The sad thing is that these addicted people have no resource like THC to help them recover.  Most recovery programs consider weed a "drug" and I suppose you can look at it that way.  I see it as plant based holistic medicine.  I do know that methadone and suboxone are just substituting one pharmaceutical for another.  Both are abused regularly and sold on the street.

And so it goes.  I need to get organized and manifest my destiny, whatever that may be.  I would be a good teacher of many things.  We shall see what the future holds.

Keepin' the faith ^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment