Friday, August 31, 2018

on the road again

Lauren had lots to get done before work today so I got up early and hit 412 for grammaw time.  We had a blast, to say the least.  This child runs around in a diaper most of the time because it's so freakin' hot unless she's going somewhere.  She had scrambled eggs for breakfast which was a messy clean up and then we played and watched TV.  When she started rubbing her eyes I gave her a bottle and she fell asleep in my lap only to wake WIDE up when I put her on the bed.  We laid there and she jumped on the pillows and played patty cake forever.  She doesn't have the roll'em'up part down yet but she knows it's coming!  I took her outside in her walker which has always been our go to place but that didn't last long.  She got mad when I wouldn't let her go all the way to Sam's so we gave it up and went in.  Same thing happened when we tried again.  She spent about 30 minutes just playing with Lauren's devotional book, intent on trying to open it for wisdom.  Or something.  By then she was crazy tired so I gave her another bottle and she passed smooth out. I just laid her on KayKay's little animal pallet and covered her up. She was still snoozing when I left. 

My next stop was at Rice Equipment in Friendship for a potty break and directions to Cathy's house.  I found it easily and piled as much of the stuff in my car as it would hold.  I was almost out of gas so had to pay 20 cents higher than usual to get home.  

I love watching regular TV for a change when I'm at Lauren's which usually includes The View, Jeopardy, WBBJ news and The Chew.  I'm VERY good at Jeopardy, by the way.  All that knowledge serves me well while playing along.  This morning ABC had live coverage of John McCain's transfer to the rotunda.  It was sobering to watch the precision of the military personnel tasked with carrying his coffin up those steps in pouring rain.  

Life goes on.  I'm broke as a joke and looking hot and heavy for part time work.  The writing may pay off, but it won't be much.  I'm waiting for direction from the universe.  

Y'all enjoy your long weekend if you get one.  Most folks don't.

^j^

No comments:

Post a Comment