Monday, August 27, 2018

bump in the night

Oscar wouldn't come in last night and was barking like the bogey man was out there so I just waited until he shut up.  I thought I had heard a thud but I was locked in tight so I wasn't worried.  After an early wakeup I headed to the chicken store for some caffeine when I noticed half of a freaking 100 year old pecan tree laying in the south side of my yard.  No wind.  No lightning, just split down the middle.  I'm glad I wasn't standing there when it fell.  Mysterious ways y'all.  I've had near misses with them before like one dropping right after I passed under it.  That was a real chiller.  

I've been out and about today first interviewing the widow of Larry Wadley of Moody Wadley Automotive fame for background on the original events.  We visited awhile and had a very nice chat while she shared some pictures for me to use.  They were featured in People magazine not once but twice by Toyota.  Since I was in the hood I went on down 104 a bit and dropped in to see Heather and AJ.  Nanny was busy whipping up a good old country lunch for the crew.  AJ is six months older than Reaves and all over the place.  Looks so much like his Daddy they could be twins.  

So I see the White House flag is back up because hey.....you can only be so disrespectful before people start calling you out.  From death 'til interment.  That's the tradition.  I'm sure Cheeto head and Sarah caught a lot of flak over that one.  That he did it that way says volumes about his egotism.  No invitation, sir.  

I'm about to explore ways to turn this pecan wood into money.  Gotta' Google Swedish torch per Lorna.  Stay tuned.

^j^


No comments:

Post a Comment